The Theology program of Saint Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary is intended for qualified Orthodox students from the U.S. or abroad who wish to prepare for higher-level studies, teaching, and research, and for qualified non-Orthodox students who wish to specialize in Orthodox studies.
The program is a residential program designed to be completed in one year by full-time students, who take an average of twelve credits per semester. The program may, however, be spread over a longer period of time by non-residential students working on a part-time basis. The degree must be completed within two years of entrance into the program, after which time the student is normally required to fulfill any new requirements that may then be in force. All credits applied toward degree requirements must be earned within ten years of the awarding of the degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
St. Vladimir’s Seminary seeks to equip Th.M. students to:
- Engage in advanced theological reflection and dialogue;
- Research and write theology at a scholarly level suitable for peer-reviewed publications;
- and Pursue a terminal academic degree, so that they may develop their academic talents to the highest degree possible in witness to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Systematic Theology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 581 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduate theological degree providing equivalent theological background, evidence of aptitude for advanced theological study, and a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (B), or its equivalent
- Course work in patristics, church history both Eastern and Western, historical theology, and liturgy, as well as in biblical studies and systematic theology
- Study of Greek and of any languages required for the thesis, as determined by the student’s thesis supervisor
- International students must demonstrate that they have attained a level of proficiency in English that is sufficient for graduate-level studies
- Interviews with faculty are required as part of the application process
- Only ecclesiastical authorities have the competency to decide if a person should be ordained
- St. Vladimir’s Seminary does not discriminate in admission or in access to its programs on the basis of race/color, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sex, or veteran status
International12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 USD per semester during 12 months.
National12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.