Pastoral Ministry from St. John’s Seminary is a professional program that offers intellectual, spiritual, and pastoral formation in the Roman Catholic tradition with the purpose of assisting laity and religious who wish to acquire skills essential for effective ministry in the local Church.
Graduates with Pastoral Ministry from St. John’s Seminary will be able to:
- understand the Roman Catholic theological tradition.
- engage constructively in theological reflection pertaining to pastoral work and ministry in various parochial and pastoral settings.
- minister collaboratively and effectively in a diverse multicultural community.
- communicate effectively the spiritual and intellectual traditions of the Church.
- develop and integrate an authentic personal and ecclesial spiritual life.
- R C I A and the Sacraments
- Pauline Literature
- Marriage and Sexuality
- Church History and Spirituality
- Pastoral Counseling
- The Prophets
- Homiletic Constructions
- Catholic Social Teaching
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 585 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Resume of ministry experience and statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- A baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an institution of higher learning accredited by a principal and recognized regional accrediting organization
- An undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 or higher, or a standardized test score that demonstrates likelihood of successful learning at the graduate level
- Transcripts: official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- Standardized tests - GRE, TOEFL
- Citizenship a. Proof of U.S. citizenship; or Documentation of immigration status
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 24 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Camarillo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.