The Faculty of Law has as its mission the creation and sustenance of a research and education environment that is grounded in values of social justice and excellence.
As the law is increasingly becoming multifaceted and in certain areas more global, the Faculty maintains professional relations with many international bodies, such as the United Nations (UN), the European Union (EU), the World Bank and foreign universities. This Multidisciplinary Human Rights (Coursework) programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History and philosophy of human rights
- Law and sustainable development
- Global perspectives on law, justice and development
- Multidisciplinary human rights
- Post-apartheid jurisprudence
- Research methodology
- Socio-economic rights under comparative and international law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLegal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 38 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least an honours degree in an academic discipline relevant to legal aspects in South Africa or Africa as well as to the contents of the specific MPhil (coursework) programme,
- A minimum average mark of 65% with respect to the prescribed modules of the honours programme is required for admission to the MPhil coursework programmes.
- Foreign qualifications are subject to SAQA evaluation.
International2680 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2680 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National1340 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1340 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
From R26 000 to R46 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.