The Media Communication (Documentary) program at Point Park University specializing in documentary-format journalism offers a balanced combination of course work and practical experience broken out into four parts:
- Core courses: writing and editing in the journalistic style, communication theory, research methods, communication law and media ethics
- Specialization requirements: courses including investigative reporting, history of documentary cinema, business of photography, documentary photography and multimedia production
- Documentary thesis: students will spend two semesters creating documentary-format journalism with an industry professional who will guide them through the process
- Electives: social media, broadcast copywriting, web publishing, mass communication history, international media and special topics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Writing and editing in the journalistic style
- Communication theory
- Research methods
- Communication law and media ethics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMedia Management Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 90 other Masters in Media Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official TOEFL and TWE scores, if required. Please contact the ISSE Office for additional information.
- Completed International Student Affidavit of Support Form and notarized/certified bank statements.
- Certified copies of original and translated transcripts of post-secondary education.
- Students who apply for full-time F-1 visa status are prohibited from attending part-time classes by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service.
International31716 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 881 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31716 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 881 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.