Successful hotel managers are often inspiring. They demonstrate professionalism, operational knowledge, leadership skills, strategic thinking and people management capabilities.
This International Hotel Management MA course at the University of Northampton considers international hotel management at both operational and strategic levels and places a strong emphasis on developing the management skills and knowledge required to run a hotel.
As part of the international courses, you will develop an in-depth understanding of the hotel industry and its place within the service sector. You will be encouraged to develop innovative solutions to real-world problems and appreciate the need for delivering service excellence and exceeding customer expectations.
With an emphasis on developing both operational and strategic thinking, the MA will equip you with a range of skills that will allow you to pursue a career in hotel management or a related sector.
Depending on experience we would expect graduates to enter the industry either via an accelerated management training programme within a recognised hotel chain or take up positions at management level.
More informationVisit official programme website
- International Hotel Management
- Strategic Destination Management
- Transforming Organisational Cultures in the International Hotel Industry
- Service and Excellence and Innovation
- Managing Across Cultures
- Strategic Digital Marketing
- Dissertation and Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses do not have formal closing dates but you are advised to apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesInternational Business Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 74 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United Kingdom
- You will normally need to hold a recognised 2:2 or higher UK honours degree or an equivalent qualification from a recognised international institution.
- A wide range of degree disciplines will be considered including events, hospitality management, marketing, business, travel and tourism and entrepreneurship.
- Your application will also be considered if you possess a significant portfolio of work at an appropriate level or relevant professional qualifications.
- English proficiency
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7425 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7425 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Dr Mike Daniel Research Degree Scholarship
The Dr Mike Daniel Research Degree Scholarship awards £500 to a postgraduate research degree student at the University of Northampton
EU and International Scholarships
We’re committed to offering the opportunity to study in the UK to the best and brightest students from around the world.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.