On this course, you'll study physiological responses to exercise – both in healthy and clinical populations, and in response to extreme environments too. You'll also examine the role of exercise as part of a treatment programme.
You'll graduate with a postgraduate degree in a subject-specific discipline of physiology, and with the knowledge, skills and experience you need to work as a physiologist, a specialised technician, or to pursue a career in biomedical research and medicine.
The skills you'll develop on this course will help you pursue a career as a:
- Health and wellbeing physiologist
- Health advisor
- Clinical exercise physiologist
- Exercise referral coordinator
- Personal trainer
- PhD researcher leading to employment as a professional scientist
You can also choose to pursue professional qualifications in exercise for clinical populations, such as cardiac rehabilitation or pulmonary rehabilitation. Your experience of physiological responses in normal conditions as well as extreme environments will place you in a strong position for a career in the Science and Technology branch of the Ministry of Defence, or in the English Institute of Sport and UK Sport.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Sports Physiology
- Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Humans in Extreme Environments
- MSc Professional Development
- MSc Research Development and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
Make your application as soon as possible.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy View 146 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications may be considered.
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.