As businesses and organizations collectively tighten their belts, employers are adding more stringent hiring requirements for new employees, and corporations are placing a stronger emphasis on training in the workplace. Such actions have led to an increased need for qualified adult education professionals in a variety of businesses, community centers, higher education institutions, and corporate training centers.
This flexible Lifelong Learning and Adult Education master's program at Pennsylvania State University allows you to align your degree studies with your career goals by choosing the general master's in education path or selecting a formal option, which will appear on your diploma.
- Master of Education: Offers flexibility to register for more electives from several different areas, including ABE, global online and distance education, qualitative research methods, and family literacy.
- Adult Basic Education and Literacy option: Course work is focused on teaching and research in ABE and literacy with electives in distance education, administration, and theory.
- Global Online and Distance Education option: Course work is focused on historical and current procedures, practices, and developments related to distance education both domestically and internationally. Electives include course topics such as theory, program planning, and emerging technologies.
- As a graduate of this program, you can be qualified to provide leadership in one or more of the following domains of adult education practice: teaching and learning for adults, curriculum and instructional design and development in adult education, program planning and administration for adult learners, or curriculum and/or program evaluation within adult education programming.
- Adult Literacy
- Teaching Math and Numeracy to Adults
- Program Planning in Adult Education
- Language, Literacy, Identity, and Culture in a Global Context
- Historical and Social Issues in Adult Education
- Perspectives on Adult Learning
- Professional Seminar: Research and Adult Education
- Global Online and Distance Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Adult Education View 1446 other Masters in Education in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores — All applicants are expected to have earned a junior/senior grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Samples
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.