The Professional Studies in Homeland Security - Counterterrorism Option from Penn State World Campus can provide federal, state, and local emergency management officials, law enforcement personnel, and members of the military, as well as employees connected with the Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies, with the knowledge and training to more effectively respond to the threat of terrorism.
Graduates with Professional Studies in Homeland Security - Counterterrorism Option from Penn State World Campus will be able to:
- gain understanding of strategic, policy-based and practical solutions for terrorism that are appropriate for both government, private and nonprofit sectors.
- learn such core skills as terrorism data analysis, security and intelligence assessment, report writing, threat management, counterterrorism briefing, and assessing anti-terrorism strategies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Homeland Security Administration: Policies and Programs
- Homeland Security: Social and Ethical Issues
- Violence, Threats, Terror, and Insurgency
- Root Causes of Terrorism
- Tools and Analysis of Terrorism and Counterterrorism
- Politics of Terrorism
- Radicalization, Counter Radicalization, and De-Radicalization
- Intelligence Analysis, Cultural Geography, and Homeland Security
- U.S. Military's Domestic Imperative: Homeland Defense and Defense Support of Civil Authorities
- American Foreign Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security View 68 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores — Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are required
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Résumé — Upload your résumé to the online application.
- Statement of Purpose — A statement of no more than 500 words explaining to the admissions committee how your professional experience and goals relate to the program to which you are applying. Your statement could include aspects such as the following: Your reasons for pursuing the degree; why you feel you are a good candidate for the program; and any information you would like the admissions committee to know about you personally and/or professionally.
International30492 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 924 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30492 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 924 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.