You will be entering a stimulating environment that will broaden your intellectual horizons and help you achieve personal and professional success through the best possible learning experience.
As the most diverse Faculty of the University of Pretoria, we offer an exciting and comprehensive range of programmes and discipline-based majors, including studies in languages, social sciences and visual and performing arts. This Tangible Heritage Conservation (Coursework) programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conservation principles and strategies
- Science fundamentals for conservation
- Research theory and methodology in conservation
- Materials, mechanisms of decay and stabilisation of artefacts
- Conservation: Paper-based and archival collections
- Conservation: Polychrome surfaces
- Conservation: Archaeological collections
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 9 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A limited number of places are available. Selection for the programme is on an individual basis and requires an interview preceded by the completion of a standardised bench test for technical ability and dexterity.
- A completed honours programme in Heritage and Museum Studies with an average of at least 70% in the approved major.
International3608 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3608 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National1804 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1804 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
From R35 000 to R47 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.