The goal of global health is to promote population health, safety and well-being, and to eliminate health and social disparities worldwide. Global health professionals develop innovative solutions to challenging health problems, particularly in resource-limited environments.
The Global Health Certificate Program from Wright State University serves as a valuable qualification and differentiator for those who want to work in global health internationally or in our globalized world.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Identify strategies that strengthen community capabilities for overcoming barriers to health and well-being.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills that demonstrate willingness to collaborate, trust building abilities, and respect for other perspectives.
- Identify and respond with integrity and professionalism to ethical issues in diverse economic, political, and cultural contexts.
- Apply the health equity and social justice framework for the analysis of strategies to address health disparities across different populations.
- Critically appraise evaluation and research related to global health.
- Enhance socio-cultural and political awareness.
- Apply systems thinking to analyze a diverse range of complex and interrelated factors shaping health at local, national, and international levels.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Public Health Ethics and Policy
- Community Assessment
- Problems in Population Health
- Global Health Systems
- Model United Nations Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health International Development Health Sciences View 802 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- To be admitted to the program, students must first be accepted in the WSU Graduate School. At a minimum, applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- If you are not currently enrolled at WSU, you can apply as a non-degree student online through the WSU Graduate School. During the online application process, you will have an opportunity to select the certificate program and to submit the required documents.
- Wright State University graduate degree-seeking students are also eligible for the certificate provided they apply before satisfying more than half of the certificate program’s required credit hours.
International24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12143 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12143 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State14298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7149 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.