In addition to the regular requirements for Master of Divinity - Church Planting Emphasis students at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, those pursuing the church planting emphasis must also complete:
- Courses in church planting and evangelism
- Concentration in gospel and culture and church leadership and ministry in selected courses
- Specialized internships emphasizing observation of, participation in, and cultivation of new worshiping communities. These three components may be completed in separate internships (part-time during an academic year or full-time in a summer) or a one-year, full-time supervised internship in church planting.
- Participation in a cohort with other church planting emphasis students while enrolled in the emphasis. Participation in a cohort will include retreats, regular reflection on coursework and internships, and shared spiritual practices.
- A short-term international experience related to church planting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic ethnographic research skills
- Practice deep listening and discernment in the context of community and neighborhood.
- Build trust and relationships both inside the church and in the public square.
- Adaptive leadership, developed through practices of deep listening.
- Dependence upon Christ and the Holy Spirit through attentive listening and exercising trust in God’s presence and activity in the ministry context.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 579 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Formal Application
- Application Fee: $60 nonrefundable Pay online
- Official Transcripts of all college and university work attempted
- Writing two admissions essays
- Personal Interview
- Three References
- Background Check
International5640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5640 USD per year during 12 months.
National5640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5640 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.