Designed for professionals looking to undertake independent research in the field of social impact, this course prepares students to undertake a PhD in the field.
The Master of Social Impact (Advanced) at Swinburne University of Technology is designed for high-performing students seeking to build skills and advance their careers in the growing field of social impact. Whether a social entrepreneur, working within the philanthropy and not for profit sector in a management or innovation role, in the private sector in corporate responsibility and social innovation, or in government policy dealing with complex social issues, the MSI provides core capabilities required to lead people effectively in a rapidly changing social economy and business environment.
This postgraduate program provides a unique opportunity for students to gain specialised knowledge of research principles and methods and undertake an independent piece of research in the field of social impact. Students extend their knowledge gained throughout their studies and critically apply this knowledge to the research process as preparation for a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Opportunity Discovery. Creativity and Design
- Corporate Responsibility and Accountability
- Social Impact: Entrepreneurs and Social Innovation
- Social Investment and Philanthropy
- Leadership for Social Impact
- Evaluation and Impact Measurement
- Strategic Philanthropy
- Social Venture Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 32 other Masters in Sociology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 095608D
- A recognised bachelor degree in any discipline PLUS a minimum of three years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience or
- successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Social Impact Please note the Graduate Certificate in Social Impact is offered part-time only in 2019 or
- Masters Qualifying Program is available to International applicants with three years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience
International37480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37480 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National31920 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31920 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.