Students will also gain invaluable professional experience through a supervised placement in a primary school. Graduates will be prepared to be future educational leaders and innovators.
The Master of Teaching (Primary) at Swinburne University of Technology is a post-graduate initial teacher education qualification. It is offered both online through Swinburne Online and on campus through Swinburne University of Technology (Hawthorn). Both the online and on-campus delivery of the course combine contemporary research and advanced pedagogical knowledge and skills, with structured professional experience opportunities.
Graduates are prepared to be future educational leaders and innovators with a strong identity as teachers. Graduates from this course will have opportunities to apply for positions in primary and middle school settings in both government and non-government schools.
Graduates may find teaching positions in primary schools.
Aims and objectives
Upon successful completion of the Master of Teaching (Primary), graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad and deep knowledge of the theories and practice of learning, teaching and pedagogy, across multiple discipline and methodological domains
- Demonstrate advanced and integrated knowledge of the key issues, policies and theoretical concepts impacting primary education in Australian and global contexts
- Reflect critically on, and synthesise, learning and to take responsibility and accountability for quality teaching and personal outputs in the context of primary education practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- English in Primary School
- Mathematics in Primary School
- Health & Physical Education in Primary School
- Science in Primary School
- Humanities in Primary School
- Arts and Design Technology in Primary School
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 141 other Masters in Teaching in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 098545A
Applicants require a bachelor degree or equivalent qualification that includes at least one year of full-time equivalent study relevant to one or more learning areas of the primary school curriculum
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27560 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27560 AUD per year during 24 months.
National22600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22600 AUD per year during 24 months.
$3,950 Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP)
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.