As data becomes easily available as never before, so too does its volume grow, and extracting useful quantitative insights becomes more and more challenging.
The Barcelona GSE Master in Data Science at Pompeu Fabra University prepares its graduates to design and build data-driven systems for decision-making in the private or public sector, offering a thorough training in predictive, descriptive, and prescriptive analytics.
The curriculum will guide students from modeling and theory to computational practice and cutting edge tools, teaching skills that are in growing global demand.
Data Science students will be armed with a solid knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods, optimization and computing, and the ability to spot, assess, and seize the opportunity of data-driven value creation.
Students will learn how to apply classroom examples using real data and answering concrete business questions from the perspectives of different industries. Through an independent master's project and the opportunity for industrial practicum work conducted with local businesses, students can have the opportunity to solve actual analytics problems hands-on.
Our courses are taught by leading academics and researchers in the fields of Economics, Operations, and Statistics, as well as experienced professionals from the analytics industry.
The program also invites guest speakers and entrepreneurs working at the frontiers of the Data Science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Modelling and Inference
- Deterministic Models and Optimization
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Computational Machine Learning
- Economic Methods for Data Science
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 13 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Spain
- Official undergraduate degree/diploma
- Academic transcript of the accredited official training with the average grade at the university of origin.
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- A photocopy of proof of English language (level B2)
- A letter of motivation in English stating the candidate's interest in following the master's programme (400 to 600 words)
- Two academic or professional letters of reccommendation (free-form and with the letterhead of the issuing institution).
International18500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 EUR per year and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA18500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 EUR per year and a duration of 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.