The Entomology program at the University of California, Riverside has research specializations in the following areas: arthropod vectors of plant pathogens, behavior, biochemistry and physiology, biological control, chemical control, ecology and evolution, integrated pest management, insect-plant interactions, medical and veterinary entomology, molecular entomology, nematology, neuroscience, pathology, pesticide toxicology, pollination biology, systematics and urban entomology.
- Core Areas of Entomology I: Subcellular-Cellular Disciplines
- Molecular Biology of Human Disease Vectors
- Genetic Technologies in Pest Insects
- Ecological Systems in Space and Time
- Theory of Systematics
- Entomophagous Insects
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences Biochemistry View 165 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
A bachelor's degree with a major in Entomology, a biological science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a suitable equivalent.
Students must have had, or complete soon after entering graduate school, the following:
- The equivalent of one year of course work each in general biology, general chemistry, and organic chemistry.
- The equivalent of a one quarter course each in genetics and biochemistry.
- The equivalent of 30 quarter units of life sciences other than entomology. Students who wish to specialize in insect biochemistry, insect physiology, molecular entomology, neuroscience, or toxicology may substitute additional courses in physical, organic, and biological chemistry; toxicology; and pharmacology for courses in life sciences.
- Credit from these courses does not count toward the unit requirement for the M.S. degree.
All applicants whose first language is not English must complete the TOEFL with 213 (computer-based), or 80 (internet-based).
International17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 24 months.
National17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State7628 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3814 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Riverside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.