The special graduate International Development Engineering program is specially designed as Doctoral and Master graduate program for foreign student in which the Department of Civil Engineering, Yokohama National University offers courses in English. Full time attendance for three years starting from the winter term (beginning from October) is necessary for a doctor's course, and two years for a master's course. Course work and research work are required. The program is rather research oriented although course work is necessary. Courses are offered in English and all dissertation works including adviser's guidance, progress report, writing and presentation are done in English.The major fields of study are:
- Structural Engineering
- Estuarine and Coastal Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation and Urban Engineering
- Concrete Engineering
- Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Engineering in Urban Area
- Theory for infrastructure safety design
- Infrastructure-environment Interaction
- Seismic and durability design
- Theory of Geotechnical Design
- Advanced Theory of Disaster Prevention System Design
- Engineering Structural Dynamics
- Environmental processes in inland and coastal waters
- Water Disaster Prevention Engineering
- Transportation Planning
- Urban infrastructure policies
- Elastoplastic Theory of Geomaterials and Continuum Mechanics
- Structural Dynamics and its application to Design
- Theory of Regional Planning
- Environment and Development
- Cross-border Societies and Region
- International aid policy debate
- International Economics and Public Policy
- Applied International Trade
- Public Administration and Management
- International Human Resources Management
- Social Systems for Environmental Management
- Economic Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 25 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
An applicant willing to admit in the Master course must have following academic requirements:
- An applicant should have outstanding academic records in undergraduate
- An applicant should normally possesses a four-year bachelor's degree.
- Proof of an applicant's English proficiency (An official score of TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent)
- For both the Master course and the Doctor course, an applicant should be in good mental and physical health.
International4333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4333 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4333 EUR per year during 24 months.
Tuition(Japanese yen): 535800 yen
Living costs for Yokohama
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.