Faculty research and coursework focuses on the historical, social, racial, cultural, and institutional factors affecting education, especially those that affect access and opportunity and contribute to educational inequality.
As a student in the Education, Society, and Culture program at the University of California, Riverside in this research-based program, you’ll have the opportunity study alongside faculty who leaders in their field, and include experts in areas such as teacher education, urban schooling, educational equality, educational access, and youth community engagement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sociology of Education
- Differential Achievement and the School Learning Environment
- Education and Gender
- Language, Culture, and Education
- Theories of Critical Pedagogy
- Race and K-12 Educational Inequality
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Sociology View 4004 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited institution. The degree must represent the completion of a program equivalent in subject matter and scholarship to that offered by the University of California.
- A minimum of a 3.0 undergraduate GPA or B-equivalent (if GPA is not on a 4.0 scale). We recommend that you check with the graduate program as they may have a higher standard for their GPA requirements. If your GPA is below this, follow up with the graduate program you are interested. Applications are reviewed in their entirety and the program can look at your other components and advise you on potential admission.
- All applications are initially reviewed by the graduate program before a recommendation is submitted to the Graduate Division for final approval. Please visit your the graduate program's website you are interested in for any program specific requirements.
International17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 12 months.
National17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State7628 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3814 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Riverside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.