The Master of Business Information Systems at Swinburne University of Technology offers students the knowledge and skills required to work as an analyst in this field. Students learn about the underpinnings of information systems, including studies in business analysis, IT project management and enterprise information management, requirements analysis, database design and professional issues.
They also learn how to approach organisational problems from a broader, interdisciplinary perspective, and address information systems risk management, enterprise architecture, and information systems strategy and governance. Students select a specialisation from business analysis, IT project management or enterprise information management, and may broaden their study by undertaking elective units. Students complete a research project, enabling them to build an area of expertise.
Upon successfully completing the Master of Business Information Systems, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate coherent and advanced knowledge of the inter-disciplinary nature of information systems in organisations
- critically evaluate the underpinnings of information systems, including business analysis, requirements analysis, database design and analysis, the management of information systems, IT project management and professional issues
- critically evaluate a range of theories and practices pertaining to the use of information systems in organisations, and apply them in the context of business analysis, project management and information management
- critically analyse organisational problems from both a broader information systems perspective and the specific perspective of business analysis, project management or information management
- communicate effectively with key stakeholders, develop effective working relationships, as a member or leader of a team
- demonstrate creativity and flexibility in the application of knowledge and skills to new situations, to solve complex problems, to respond to ethical organisational and IS/IT issues and dilemmas, and to think rigorously and independently
- demonstrate a critical understanding and appreciation of the fundamental research principles, research methods, and/or research design within a chosen and/or specified context in the area of Information Systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Project Management
- Business Analytics and Visualisation
- Advanced Business Analysis
- IS/IT Research Project
- Business Analysis Practice
- Contemporary Issues in Business Analysis
- Business Process Management
- Governing Technology for Business Environents
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics Business Information Systems View 78 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 092700KApplicants are required to have one of the following:
- completed a bachelor degree (or higher award) in any discipline from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent OR
- completed the Postgraduate Qualifying Program (available to International applicants only)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35900 AUD per year during 12 months.
National30600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30600 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.