This Master of Aviation (Management) offered at the Swinburne University of Technology investigates emerging aviation industry challenges and how established models can be used to create innovative solutions to aviation safety. You will learn to review aviation safety reporting, apply theoretical knowledge and reflect critically on professional aviation industry practices surrounding human factors in aviation accidents. Develop an outlook that will set you in good stead for leadership and mentoring roles, and demonstrate high-level responsibility and accountability.
Upon graduation, you will be prepared to adapt to an evolving industry landscape, and take on roles such as airline or airport manager, flight or ground operator, and aviation safety authority. In addition, you will have skills that can be applied across a range of other resilient organisations and industries, including transport, supply chain and health.
On completion of the Master of Aviation (Human Factors) graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate high-level advanced knowledge in professional aviation industry practice
- Identify and describe the complexity of issues and relationships in the aviation industry
- Apply established models to implement innovative solutions to a variety of industry scenarios, and take leadership and mentoring roles within operational teams
- Investigate contemporary and emerging aviation industry issues and challenges and to develop innovative strategies for implementation of effective management
- Apply theoretical knowledge and reflect critically on professional aviation industry practice
- Discuss and document research outcomes by applying appropriate research principles, sound methods and technical research skills
- Apply clear and coherent communication skills to justify propositions and professional decisions
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for all personal work outputs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Safety in Operational Teams
- Human Factors and Advanced Technology
- Aviation Industry Fundamentals
- Marketing in Aviation
- Airline Revenue Management and Pricing
- Aviation Research Methods and Statistics
- Leading High Performance Organisations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Management Studies View 248 other Masters in Management Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Swinburne University of Technology and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS Provider Code 00111D
- A recognised Bachelor degree (minimum 3 years of full-time study) in a cognate discipline
- A recognised Bachelor (Honours) degree in any of the following disciplines: Aviation, Engineering, Business, Economics, Management, Law, Marketing, Science, Technology, Psychology or Social Science or Completion of the Graduate Certificate of Aviation or Graduate Diploma of Aviation
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33680 AUD per year during 18 months.
National29200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29200 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.