The Technology and Application of Inorganic Engineering Materials (TAIEM) programme of TU Bergakademie Freiberg will help students understand the mechanical, thermal, chemical, and functional properties at nano-, micro- and macro-levels followed by the chemical and physical interactions at interfaces/surfaces of the inorganic engineering materials is an unlimited tool for their continuous development and technology optimization.
In the first semester core modules on metallic, ceramic and refractory materials, thermodynamics and mechanics of materials, plus trainings in particle technology and fluid dynamics are held. In the second and third semester there are more advanced modules and further skills training in technology and applications of materials and simulation of metallurgical processes. Furthermore the students learn via laboratory and practical courses to apply the theoretical knowledge in real applications. The fourth semester is designated for the Master thesis.
Iron and steelmaking industry, metal processing industry, ceramic and refractory industry, recycling and extractive industry, universities and research institutions.
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Mechanics of Materials
- Technology of Iron and Steel
- Ceramic Engineering
- Metallic Materials
- Steel Application
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Chemical Engineering Biotechnology View 23 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Energy Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Natural Sciences or similar fields.
- English language proficiency
- Application form
- Certified copy of higher education certificate (e.g. Bachelor certificate), if necessary along with an officially attested translations into German or English
- Up-to-date passport photo
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- TU Bergakademie Freiberg does not charge tuition fees, even for the Master degree courses in English.
Living costs for Freiberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.