The Metallic Materials Technology programme of TU Bergakademie Freiberg is Starting with the production of materials followed by processing and metal forming it is one of the most innovative technologies. Engineers in metal production, metal forming and foundry technology contribute in this technological development.
Based on the Bachelor's course of studies steel production, metal forming and foundry technology is continued to a deeper knowledge in this master course. Furthermore practical skills are related to economics knowledge.
Graduates of the Master programme can work in the following areas: Iron- and steelmaking industry, foundry industry, metal forming industry, engineering industry, refractory industry, metal processing industry, process development, technical sales and distribution as well as in research institutions.
- Materials Science
- Fundamentals of Plastic Deformation
- Melting Technology in Foundries
- Experimental Methods of Materials Characterization and Testing
- Metallic Materials
- Technology of Iron and Steel
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 44 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at TU Bergakademie Freiberg and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor degree (at least 7 semesters) or an equivalent degree in the field of Material Science and or Materials Technology
- English language proficiency
- Application form
- Certified copy of higher education certificate (e.g. Bachelor certificate), if necessary along with an officially attested translations into German or English
- Motivation letter, length 1 page
- Up-to-date passport photo
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
- TU Bergakademie Freiberg does not charge tuition fees, even for the Master degree courses in English.
Living costs for Freiberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.