The academic program in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of California, Riverside emphasizes an in-depth study of the field with considerable flexibility to individually tailor course selection with regard to academic interests and area of specialization in the student's field of research.
A diversity of research programs is available for students. Areas of research specialization include molecular biology, physical biochemistry, molecular endocrinology, plant biochemistry and molecular biology, signal transduction, and biomedical research. Each program bestows a strong preparation for an academic research and teaching career, or a biochemical research career at both the pure and applied levels in private, governmental or industrial laboratories.
- Faculty within the program consists of biochemists and molecular biologists from the Department of Biochemistry, as well as members of seven other departments, including: Entomology, Biomedical Sciences, Molecular, Cell, and Systems Biology, Microbiology & Plant Pathology, Evolution, Ecology and Organismal Biology, Chemistry, Botany and Plant Sciences, and the Bourns School of Engineering.
- We believe that our program provides an excellent environment for graduate study in biochemistry and molecular biology by combining the facilities, quality and breadth of research of a larger university with close student-faculty interaction, and an interdisciplinary exchange of ideas usually found only in relatively small institutions.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 1176 other Masters in Biology in United States
- A bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited institution. The degree must represent the completion of a program equivalent in subject matter and scholarship to that offered by the University of California.
- A minimum of a 3.0 undergraduate GPA or B-equivalent (if GPA is not on a 4.0 scale). We recommend that you check with the graduate program as they may have a higher standard for their GPA requirements. If your GPA is below this, follow up with the graduate program you are interested. Applications are reviewed in their entirety and the program can look at your other components and advise you on potential admission.
- All applications are initially reviewed by the graduate program before a recommendation is submitted to the Graduate Division for final approval. Please visit your the graduate program's website you are interested in for any program specific requirements.
International17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 24 months.
National17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State7628 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3814 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Riverside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.