Public Health Medicine from University of Pretoria has grown to be one of the largest health training institutions in the country and boasts an undergraduate student corps of over 6 000.
Students at Public Health Medicine from University of Pretoria will:
- be part of a new generation of health professionals
- get outcomes-based and problem-orientated training
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Administrative theory and health related social sciences
- Epidemiology theory, biostatistics and demography
- Public health medicine
- Dissertation: Public health medicine
- Communicable and nan-communicable health-related conditions
- Applied research methodology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 268 other Masters in Health Sciences in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MBChB (or equivalent) degree or relevant medical degree with modules equivalent to at least the first two years of the MBChB degree
- Currently registered as a physician with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) and must have been so for at least one year
- Employment in a full-time training position for a period of four years according to the requirements of the Department of Public Health Medicine
- Completion of the theoretical and practical applicable training as stipulated by the Department of Public Health Medicine
- Passed the prescribed written, oral and/or practical university examinations or equivalent primary Colleges of Medicine of South Africa examinations
International2537 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2537 EUR per year during 48 months.
National1268 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1268 EUR per year during 48 months.
SA and SADC countries citizens - R21 660 per annum
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.