The Education Practice MA/PG Dip/PG Cert course from De Montfort University is aimed at teachers working in primary, secondary, further and higher education institutions, as well as graduates interested in pursuing teaching careers or other roles in the education sector, this programme helps to further develop any initial teacher training and is ideal for those looking to work and conduct research in the field of education studies.
By choosing this course, you can benefit from tutoring delivered by our practice and research-based academic team, which is recognised for excellence in teaching and curriculum design. You will benefit from working with colleagues who have developed professional partnerships with International Council on Education for Teaching and educational charities. Through access to our industry connections, you can also enhance your employability with placement and volunteering opportunities in local educational settings.
The course allows you to reflect upon the latest trends and developments in the field and consider how these apply to your own place of work, so we strongly recommend that all students undertake some paid or voluntary work experience in an education setting during their time on this course.
- This course is ideal if you wish to further your career in teaching, leadership and school management, and other careers related to the education system. This will also help prepare and build on the demands of National Professional Qualification for Headship.
- The course is also an ideal vehicle for those wishing to work and research in the academic discipline of Education Studies.
- Researching Education
- Major project/dissertation
- Assessment and the Curriculum
- Current and Emergent Issues in Education Policy
- Technology Enhanced Practice
- Negotiated Study
- Leading and Managing Educational Change
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- MA (180 credits at level 7)
- Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits at level 7)
- Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits at level 7)
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 448 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- 2:1 Hons in a relevant degree, not necessarily in education, but a good practical knowledge of education is required
- Evidence of prior practical experience of working directly with learners in an educational setting in either a paid or voluntary capacity
- Clear interest in the course demonstrated with explanation and evidence in the personal statement
- Strong commitment to working in the broad field of education throughout the duration of the course and in the future
- The course can offer accreditation of prior learning (APL) of up to 60 credits to candidates with appropriate experience and qualifications such as a PGCE
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
- Course assessments require students to reflect on their experiences of working directly with learners within an education or learning environment.
- It is therefore expected that students will join the course having already gained at least 200 hours of relevant work experience.
International15600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5870 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5870 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.