The master in Theoretical Physics and Applications from Université de Cergy-Pontoise aims at providing students with a high-level formation in Theoretical and Computational Physics, together with a deeper insight in one selected research field : Statistical Physics, Quantum systems, Condensed matter, Integrable Systems, Complex Systems, Dynamical Systems.
A broad spectrum of subjects is thus covered : from the mathematical accuracy of integrable models to the complexity of biological systems, social paradigms or communication networks. A wide horizon of applications is then open since these fields lie at crossroads to several domains of science : Mathematical and Statistical Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, Biology, Economy and Sociology.
In addition to solid foundations in Fundamental Physics, the students will have acquired a reinforced formation in the domain they chose not only through the specialized courses they take during the third semester but also by the practical experience they will have obtained after four month of research work.
Successful students following the MSc Theoretical Physics and Applications, will be awarded a French National Master diploma : "Master de Physique, parcours Physique et Modélisation, option Physique Théorique " ( Master in Physics, specialty Physics and modelisation, option Theoretical Physics ).
In addition, students integrating the French-Spanish international Master Program will also obtain the diploma : Master en Fisica y Tecnologias Fisicas from Zaragoza University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Condensed mater I
- Phase Transitions and Critical Phenomena
- Complex Systems
- Advanced Statistical Mechanics
- Introduction to Dynamical Systems
- Advanced Monte Carlo Methods
- Introduction to symmetries in physics
- Statistical Mechanics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 31 other Masters in Physics in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In order to apply to the M1 program (first year) a level corresponding to 180 ECTS (3 or 4 years in a higher education institution) will be required for all students.
- European students must be able to prove they have obtained a minimum of 180 ECTS in their previous studies. Non european students should have obtained a minimum degree equivalent to a BSc.
- To apply to M2 level (second year) European students must be able to prove they have obtained a minimum of 240 ECTS in their previous studies. Non european students should have obtained a minimum degree equivalent to a Master.
International250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.