The Childhood Special Education (Initial Certification) program from Nyack College is committed to the preparation of professional educators who are capable of working effectively with diverse populations in a constantly changing global community.
This program is for persons preparing to become teachers for the first time and who are seeking initial NYS certification to teach special education grades 1-6.
- Exceptional Child
- High Incidence Disabilities
- Autism/Low Incidence
- Educational Research
- Health Issues
- Teaching ELL’s
- Behavior Management
- Assessment Eval IEP
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 302 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Non-refundable $30 application fee
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities attended showing evidence of an accredited bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Writing samples
- Computer literacy
- English Proficiency Test
- International Student Questionnaire
- Copies of Personal Pages of Passport/Visas
- Copies of previous I-20’s (if currently an F-1 Student)
International18795 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 895 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18795 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 895 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.