Childhood Special Education (Initial Certification) from Nyack College is committed to the preparation of professional educators who are capable of working effectively with diverse populations in a constantly changing global community.
These programs are for persons preparing to become teachers for the first time and are seeking initial NYS certification; for persons preparing for additional NYS certification in Childhood Special Education or those interested in the Childhood Education developmental level and do not want certification.
Our undergraduate teacher preparation programs train candidates preparing to become teachers for the first time and who are seeking initial NYS certification to teach special education grades
More informationVisit official programme website
- Exceptional Child
- High Incidence Disabilities
- Autism/Low Incidence
- Educational Research
- Health Issues
- Teaching ELL’s
- Behavior Management
- Assessment Eval IEP
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , Local
- Apply before , Local
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 653 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- BA/BS in English, Foreign Language, History, Mathematics, Social Studies, or one of the sciences
- 30 credit hours at a grade of C or better in one of the above listed fields
- 30 credit hours at a grade of C or better in the liberal arts and sciences
- 6 credits of a language other than English (or the college level equivalent)
- An introductory course in Psychology
- Evidence of computer literacy
- English Proficiency Test: The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Pearson Test of English (PTE), and Duolingo English Test (DET) are accepted.
- International Student Questionnaire
- Copies of Personal Pages of Passport/Visas.
- Copies of previous I-20’s (if currently an F-1 Student)
National775 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 775 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.