Childhood Education (Initial Certification) from Nyack College is committed to the preparation of professional educators who are capable of working effectively with diverse populations in a constantly changing global community.
These programs are for persons preparing to become teachers for the first time and are seeking initial NYS certification; for persons preparing for additional NYS certification in Childhood Education or those interested in the Childhood Education developmental level and do not want certification.
Our undergraduate teacher preparation programs train candidates preparing to become teachers for the first time and who are seeking initial NYS certification to teach general education grades 1-6.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Integrating Curric. Lit
Methods of Math
Development and Learning Theories
Teaching ELLs and Bilingual
Methods of Social Studies
Methods of Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , Local
- Apply before , Local
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3783 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BA/BS in English, Foreign Language, History, Mathematics, Social Studies, or one of the sciences
- 30 credit hours at a grade of C or better in one of the above listed fields
- 30 credit hours at a grade of C or better in the liberal arts and sciences
- 6 credits of a language other than English (or the college level equivalent)
- An introductory course in Psychology
- Evidence of computer literacy
- English Proficiency Test: The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Pearson Test of English (PTE), and Duolingo English Test (DET) are accepted.
- International Student Questionnaire
- Copies of Personal Pages of Passport/Visas.
- Copies of previous I-20’s (if currently an F-1 Student)
National17437 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 775 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.