The Childhood Education (Grades 1 – 6) program from Nyack College is committed to the preparation of professional educators who are capable of working effectively with diverse populations in a constantly changing global community.
This program is for persons preparing to become teachers for the first time and are seeking initial NYS certification; for persons preparing for additional NYS certification in Childhood Education or those interested in the Childhood Education developmental level and do not want certification.
Successful completion of our undergraduate program leads to New York State initial certification and certification from the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Educational Research and Statistics-
- Character Education
- Child Development and Learning Theories-
- The Inclusive Classroom
- Exceptional Child
- Integrating Curricular Literacy Skills
- Teaching Eng. Lang. Learners and Bilingual Students
- Content and Curriculum
- Methods of Social Studies
- Methods of Science
- Methods of Math
- Health Issues for Educators
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 555 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Non-refundable $30 application fee
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities attended showing evidence of an accredited bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Writing samples
- Computer literacy
- English Proficiency Test
- International Student Questionnaire
- Copies of Personal Pages of Passport/Visas
- Copies of previous I-20’s (if currently an F-1 Student)
International13425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 895 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 895 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.