Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins from Nyack College program is unique in that it trains the student in the methods of research in the fields of language, history, religious thought, and material culture which are essential for an understanding of both Judaism and Christianity in Roman antiquity.
AJCO students have the opportunity to:
- Study and travel to historic locations to consider the land of Israel in the Hellenistic and early Roman periods.
- Study ancient Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek, the three languages spoken in first-century Judaea.
- Study Modern Hebrew to gain a greater facility in the language of Jesus.
- Study with world class Christian and Jewish scholars who are leaders in their respective fields and pioneers in the study of New Testament and early Christianity.
The M.A. in Ancient Judaism and Christianity will help prepare students interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in New Testament Studies, Historical or Biblical Research, and Linguistics. Students may go on to work in history, theology, religious studies, philosophy, seminary and a variety of careers including:
- Bible translation
- Biblical/Historical Research
- Biblical Education
- Clergy/Pastoral/Ministry Director
- Doctoral Studies in Archaeology, History, Language, Biblical Literature
More informationVisit official programme website
- Problems and Methods in Research
- Historical Geography of the Land of the Bible
- Modern Hebrew
- Hebrew Readings in the Dead Sea Scrolls and Early Rabbinical Literature
- Greek readings in the Synoptic Gospels
- Readings in the Apocrypha and Jewish Pseudepigrapha
- Paul and Hellenistic Christianity
- Study in Biblical Lands
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 751 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admissions Checklist
- Essay & Personal Statement
- Academic Reference
- Pastoral Reference
- English Proficiency Test: The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Pearson Test of English (PTE), and Duolingo English Test (DET) are accepted.
- International Student Questionnaire
- Copies of Personal Pages of Passport/Visas.
- Copies of previous I-20’s (if currently an F-1 Student)
International585 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 585 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National585 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 585 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.