Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery (endorsement ChirMaxFac-Dent) from University of Pretoria has grown to be one of the largest health training institutions in the country and boasts an undergraduate student corps of over 6 000.
Students at Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery (endorsement ChirMaxFac-Dent) from University of Pretoria will:
- be part of a new generation of health professionals
- get outcomes-based and problem-orientated training
- General pathology
- Principles of surgery
- Ethics and human rights
- Maxillo-facial and oral surgery
- Oral Pathology
- Applied research methodoloy
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry Health Sciences View 28 other Masters in Dentistry in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Pretoria and/or in South Africa, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- BChD (or equivalent) degree or MBChB (or equivalent) degree
- Registration as a dentist and/or physician with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) in the category Independent Practice for at least one year
- Passed the Advanced Trauma Life Support Course (maximum three attempts), primary subjects in accordance with Part 1A of the College of Maxillo-Facial and Oral Surgeons of South Africa (Anatomy and Embryology, Physiology, Principles of Pathology and Microbiology and the PGDipDent (Oral Surgery), with a minimum pass mark of 65% in the major subject.
International2534 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2534 EUR per year during 60 months.
National1267 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1267 EUR per year during 60 months.
SA and SADC countries citizens - R21 660 per annum
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.