Develop critical thinking, leadership and communication skills and apply them all to a future in forensics. Prepare yourself for a position in an exciting field, where you can contribute to, and improve the legal system through an enhanced understanding of: Forensic Science applications at Trent University , scientific data interpretation, and the communication of science in a legal context.
The program builds on Trent’s leadership in many areas of forensic science such as law, bloodstain pattern analysis and DNA techniques and applications, and on its B.Sc.F.S. offering.
Through lectures, labs and a four-month placement program, you can be ready to apply your skill sets to the workforce in one year.
There is no longer a need to leave the country to study forensic science at the graduate level. As one of this groundbreaking program’s first graduates, you will be part of a new generation of experts that has learned by doing, and yet well-steeped in the scientific method and in research.
- Learn from leading faculty members and researchers who have made great contributions to their fields.
- Study with students drawn to the program from across Canada and around the world.
- Experience other communities, institutions and organizations as part of the unique research placement program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication Science and Forensic Reporting
- Advanced Forensic DNA Typing
- Research Design and Statistics in Forensic Science
- Advanced Topics in Forensic Science
- Advanced Forensic Toxicology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesForensic Science Forensic Accounting
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. honours (a four year undergraduate bachelors) degree
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
- Experience in Forensic Science or Undergraduate courses relating to Forensic Science, or willing to take such courses, usually before official admission
- A statement detailing the applicant’s interest and experience in forensic science is required. The purpose of this statement of interest is to compile additional information for selection among highly qualified applicants and to allow applicants with practical experience, but without the minimum average, to provide support for their entry into the program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27672 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27672 CAD per year during 12 months.
National14010 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14010 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.