Interdisciplinary collaboration is at the core of the Applied Modelling and Quantitative Methods programme offered by the Trent University, as students with backgrounds in economics and computer science come together with those from math and psychology, and beyond.
As you complete your coursework and conduct your research, you will be sharing ideas with classmates from an array of disciplines. Immersed in this multidisciplinary environment, you will develop new perspectives that will position you well for the future.
- Collaborate on individualized, interdisciplinary research with faculty members in a wide range of disciplines.
- Choose from Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Geography, Humanities, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics & Astronomy and Psychology.
- Build a solid foundation of modelling skills that will allow you to move on to a Ph.D. program in your discipline.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Foundations of Modelling
- Mathematical Aspects of Modelling
- Computational Aspects of Modelling
- Statistical Aspects of Modelling
- Data Analytics With R
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Natural Resource Management View 16 other Masters in Natural Sciences in Canada
- B.A. or B.Sc. degree in one of the traditional disciplines: Anthropology, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Computing & Information Systems, Economics, Geography
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
- A university course in differential and integral calculus, and one in probability and statistics or the equivalent
- Some familiarity with linear algebra, and be capable of programming at an elementary level in at least one computational language
- A course in either differential equations or advanced statistics is required, depending on whether the student’s area of research will be mathematics or statistics based
International21267 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21267 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8929 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8929 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.