The Master of Science in Economics, Finance and International Integration at University of Pavia trains students longing to start high level careers as professionals or managers in national and multinational firms and within the Public Administration. Starting from the academic year 2013-2014 this Master Program will be entirely taught in English, fulfilling the internalization aims of our Department. The Department is already involved in many international mobility programs for graduate students. Moreover a few double degree programs in Economics have been already agreed and are being carried out with some major European Universities. The decision to teach all MEFI courses in English is then just a further path in our internalization strategy.
Though students attending MEFi will get the same degree, they may choose from the start between three different specializations: Finance; Industrial Organization and Market Strategies; International Economic Integration. Such a variety of academic options is consistent with the existence in our Department of different groups of researchers sharing common scientific interests, publishing extensively on these topics and occasionally working as consultants for private and public institutions.
- The Finance curriculum has been developed by a group of mathematicians, statisticians and econometricians who have long since concentrated their research work on financial markets. They also cooperate with colleagues involved in macroeconomics and corporate finance.
- The Industrial Organization and Market Regulation curriculum is based as well on a group of professors and researchers long since involved in research work about theoretical and empirical industrial organization, regulatory economics and competition policy.
- A third curriculum concerning International Economic Integration and Development is also available, as the University of Pavia is a leading academic institution for post-graduate education in the field of international cooperation and economic development.
MEFI students will improve their technical and scientific skills, and develop the ability to operate at an international level. Here are the main career opportunities offered by MEFI:
- experts in financial markets, able not only to actually trade in sophisticated financial assets but also to manage portfolios and financial strategies of banks, insurance companies and financial institutions, at both the national and international level;
- experts in strategic planning and regulation of markets, able to work in public regulation agencies, and in regulated firms, or firms belonging to production chains affected by competition and regulation;
- experts in international and development economics, able to work in international institutions, in public administrations, and in non-profit organisations committed to international cooperation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Economics and Finance of Multinational Corporations
- Data Science
- Decisions for Finance
- Applied Economics and Econometrics
- Capital Markets and Eu Companies Caw
- Quantitative Finance
- Methods and Models for Financial Engineering
- Probability and Stochastic Processes
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 58 other Masters in Economics in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Students should provide evidence that in their 3-year diploma they have acquired the following number of ECTS (in case of students outside the European Union, the equivalent number of hours of study) in these areas:
- Economics (i.e. Macro and Micro Economics; Political Economy; Econometrics; Economic History) – 24 ECTS
- Quantitative Methods – (exams in Mathematics and Statistics) – 15 ECTS
- Business Administration (i.e. Accounting; Management; Finance – 6 ECTS
- Law – (i.e. Business Law, Constitutional Law) – 6 ECTS
- English language – 6 ECTS (see note below)
- Computer science – 3 ECTS
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Tuition fee for non-EU students who enter Italy with a study visa is based on flat rate and depends on the citizenship.
- If non-EU students come from a family with limited financial resource, they can choose to have their tuition fee calculated according to their family income (from €156,00 to €3.985,00 per year).
Living costs for Pavia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.