With Intercultural Studies master’s degree program from Nyack College we are preparing our students for a lifetime of cross-cultural and urban ministry around the world. Special emphasis is placed on holistic missions, apostolic church planting, strategic partnerships, and serving migrants and urban centers. Our goal is to equip God’s people to effectively communicate the gospel of Jesus and disciple new Christians.
The Intercultural Studies master’s degree at ATS is a transformational, multicultural experience. Our students are both ethnically and denominationally diverse, representing every major ethnic community and denomination in New York City. This powerful diversity is one of the key elements that sets us apart from other seminaries and provides the unique context for cross-cultural missional formation. Students participate in immersion experiences in New York City, peer mentoring groups, cross-cultural internships, and leadership development retreats.
A degree in Intercultural Studies provides exceptional preparation for careers in international relations, development, and missions. As a well-equipped professional, you can expect to impact the world for Jesus Christ in rewarding professions such as:
- Church planter
- Community developer
- Community center director
- ESL teacher
- Lead pastor
- Missions pastor
- NGO worker
- Refugee resettlement director
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biblical Studies: Old and New Testaments
- Cultural Analysis: Cultural Anthropology, Diaspora, and Transnationalism
- Global Theology: Theology in a Global Context/Holistic Missions
- Practical and Empowered Ministry Skills: Theology of Power Encounter
- Spiritual Formation: Foundations for Ministry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 519 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- English Proficiency Test: The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Pearson Test of English (PTE), and Duolingo English Test (DET) are accepted.
- International Student Questionnaire
- Copies of Personal Pages of Passport/Visas.
- Copies of previous I-20’s (if currently an F-1 Student)
International23166 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 858 USD per credit during 24 months.
National15795 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 585 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.