Biblical Literature from Nyack College offers a unique blend of socio-cultural, historical, and exegetical investigation of scripture and Christian concerns throughout the world taught by faculty who have significant intercultural or church-focused experience
Biblical Literature from Nyack College offers emphasis on either the Old Testament or the New Testament.Students will build a historical and cultural framework for interpreting the Bible in general, and their testament of emphasis in particular, will gain a command of the formation, content, and critical questions related to the literature of their testament of emphasis, will learn how to trace the development of biblical theology as a discipline and to understand recent theological approaches to their testament of emphasis and will be able to employ solid exegetical and hermeneutical methodology in interpreting the text of their testament of emphasis.
Our master’s degree in Biblical Literature prepares students for further doctoral studies, which in turn is preparation for a career in teaching biblical studies (whether in higher education, church, or secondary school settings).
More informationVisit official programme website
- New Testament Greek
- Reading the New Testament
- Systematic Theology God & Humanity
- Systematic Theology: Christ & the Church
- History of Christianity
- Greek Bible & the Western Mediterranean World
- New Testament Theology.
- Matthew or Luke
- Romans or Galatians
- Biblical Hebrew I: Elements
- Reading the Old Testament
- Systematic Theology I: God & Humanity
- Biblical Hebrew II: Readings
- Systematic Theology II: Christ & the Church
- History of Christianity
- Hebrew Bible & the Eastern Mediterranean World
- Testament Theology
- Biblical Hebrew III: Exegesis
- Psalms or Amos
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 751 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum grade point average of 2.5
- English Proficiency Test: The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Pearson Test of English (PTE), and Duolingo English Test (DET) are accepted.
- International Student Questionnaire
- Copies of Personal Pages of Passport/Visas.
- Copies of previous I-20’s (if currently an F-1 Student)
International585 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 585 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National585 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 585 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.