Mental Health Counseling program at Nyack College seeks to prepare students for professional counseling that effectively addresses the needs of others—whether as individuals or within a relationship, group, or family. Upon graduation, students of this program have met all of the academic requirements for licensing in New York State.
AGSC emphasizes the importance of understanding behavior within the context of human development, remaining respectful of the uniqueness of the individual, while also having an awareness of the impact of societal oppression and systems of injustice. AGSC strives to facilitate the student’s development in both ethical and compassionate practice, as well as counselor self-care.
As a graduate of our program, you will be qualified to work as a mental health counselor in a variety of contexts—corrections, clinics, hospitals, social agencies, substance abuse programs, psychiatric facilities, residential facilities, etc.
Quite a large number of our graduates get hired by the facility they did their internship in. These include hospitals, social agencies, mental health clinics, substance abuse programs, residential facilities, and psychiatric facilities. Some of our graduates have developed their own clinics and gone into private practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Perspectives on Counselor Formation
- Theories & Foundations of Counseling
- Principles & Methods of Counseling
- Measurement & Assessment
- Counseling & Human Development
- Group Dynamics & Therapy
- Ethics and Professional Issues
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Social and Cultural Foundations of Counseling
- Counseling Clients with Chemical Addictions
- Crisis Intervention Strategies for Trauma and Abuse
- Theology in Mental Health Counseling
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling View 1594 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- English Proficiency Test: The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Pearson Test of English (PTE), and Duolingo English Test (DET) are accepted.
- International Student Questionnaire
- Copies of Personal Pages of Passport/Visas.
- Copies of previous I-20’s (if currently an F-1 Student)
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 24 months.
National25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.