The heart of our Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from Nyack College program is to train Christian specialists who can provide needed prevention, intervention, and healing for those hurting in our turbulent and broken world.
Additionally, this program is designed to meet educational requirements for licensure as a marriage and family therapist in New York State. Graduates are eligible to seek employment towards meeting the supervised experience required for licensure.
Our MFT program is a biblically grounded, Christian program that focuses on the dynamics of individual, interpersonal, family, marital/couple, and parent/child relationships.
Upon graduation, students can work in faith-based counseling agencies, Christian organizations, and church settings as a pastor or director of a family life ministry that focuses on enrichment programming with some counseling.
Upon obtaining their MFT license, our students are prepared to work in both faith-based and community-based counseling agencies as well as hospitals and schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Theoretical & Personal Foundations of MFT
- Premarital Counseling
- Individual & Family Development
- Marit. Ther: Assess. & Treatment
- Fam. Ther: Assess. & Treatmnt
- Ethnicity Issues in MFT
- Ethnicity & Diversity
- Sex Therapy
- Children & Adol in Mrrg & Fam Ther
- Abusive & Addictive Fam Syst
- Marriage & Family Enrichment
- Med & Mental Illness Fam Ther –
- Spirituality in Marrg & Fam Ther
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Counselling View 959 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- English Proficiency Test: The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Pearson Test of English (PTE), and Duolingo English Test (DET) are accepted.
- International Student Questionnaire
- Copies of Personal Pages of Passport/Visas.
- Copies of previous I-20’s (if currently an F-1 Student)
International16266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 36 months.
National16266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.