In the Rehabilitation Counselling program offered by Griffith University you will learn about vocational evaluation, job placement, injury management, disability studies, applied counselling and research methods.
You will also undertake supervised fieldwork, which will give you the opportunity to apply theory to practice.
Additionally, you will complete a supervised dissertation or choose from elective courses in areas such as workplace health and safety, mental health, negotiation skills, disability and ageing studies.
This will allow you to complete specialist courses and research relevant to your interests in a particular area of rehabilitation counselling practice.
You will be prepared for work as a rehabilitation counsellor in government, insurance, private and not-for-profit organisations involved with vocational rehabilitation services, workers compensation and motor accident rehabilitation, and disability employment services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Lived Experience of Disability
- Job Development and Placement
- Foundations of Research Inquiry
- Applied Counselling
- Rehabilitation Counselling
- Vocational Evaluation
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 27 other Masters in Counselling in Australia
CRICOS Provider - 00233E
Entry into the Master of Rehabilitation Counselling requires students to have completed:
- a Bachelor degree from a recognised Australian university in an allied health field such as vocational rehabilitation, psychology, exercise science, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, occupational health nursing, human services, social work, industrial relations, human resource management, occupational health and safety and successful interview with the Program Director
- OR a Bachelor Honours degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Masters from a recognised Australian university in a different discipline area and successful interview with the Program Director
National21500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21500 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.