We achieve this by a focus on research to drive innovative and enquiry-led teaching for educating and positioning our students to be leaders in their professions. The Faculty has extensive and cutting-edge teaching, learning and laboratory facilities integrated with the excellent suite of facilities and services offered by the University. We facilitate access to our qualifications through our extended programmes but expect our students to excel and develop as future professionals through our programme offering. We invite you to consider enrolling in one of our programmes if you share our vision of excellence and want to position yourself as a leader in the professions that we support.
The Faculty is organised in four schools: the School of Engineering, the School for the Built Environment, the School of Information Technology and the Graduate School of Technology Management. The School of Engineering is the largest of its kind in the country in terms of student numbers, graduates and research contributions and offers programmes in all the major engineering disciplines with many specialisations also offered at undergraduate and graduate level.
The Industrial Engineering program at the University of Pretoria aims to be internationally competitive while also locally relevant. Advisory boards at both faculty and departmental level promote alignment and excellence in our teaching and research activities. Where applicable and available our programmes are accredited by statutory and professional bodies at both national and international level.
- The degree is conferred on the basis of a dissertation and examination on the field of study of the dissertation and/or divisions of the field of study as required by the relevant head of department.
- A student must by means of a dissertation or mini-dissertation prove that he or she is capable of planning, instituting and executing a scientific investigation. Conferment of the degree may be made subject to compliance with the stipulations of this regulation.
- One article has to be submitted to an accredited journal on submission of a research master’s dissertation. At the latest, just before the department submits the final mark of a dissertation, a student should submit proof of submission of an article issued by an accredited journal, to the head of the department, for his/her recommendation to the dean.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Supply Chain Management & Logistics General Engineering & Technology View 60 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BEngHons degree awarded by the University of Pretoria (or equivalent) with a cumulative weighted average of at least 65%
- The applicant must also meet the admission requirements for the BEngHons degree
International2378 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2378 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National1189 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1189 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- National: R19 775 per annum
- International: R39 550 per annum
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.