The Faculty aims to continuously strengthen its position as the leading institution in the fields of economic, financial and management sciences through its academic and research excellence. At the same time the Faculty remains committed to delivering competent, creative, responsible and productive citizens – the “Thought Leaders” of the University of Pretoria and South Africa’s future business leaders. This Public Policy programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
- The degree programme requires that a dissertation/mini-dissertation must be submitted in a field of study chosen from the fields covered for the honours degree, provided that the Dean may, on the recommendation of the relevant head of department/Postgraduate Committee, approve the replacement of the required dissertation by the successful completion of a prescribed number of module credits and a mini-dissertation/research article.
- Information on modules, credits and syllabi is available, on request, from the relevant head of department/Postgraduate Committee.
- A module in Research Methodology is compulsory in all programmes. The Dean may, on the recommendation of the relevant head of department/Postgraduate Committee, waive the prerequisites.
- Sufficient number of bound copies of the dissertation/mini-dissertation must be submitted to the Head: Student Administration for examination, after permission is granted by the supervisor.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Policy View 9 other Masters in Public Policy in South Africa
- Relevant Honours degree with an average of at least 65%.
- A candidate may be refused admission to a master’s degree by the head of the department if he/she does not comply with the standard of competence in the subject as determined by the department – a candidate who does not comply with the required level of competence, may be admitted, provided that he/she completes additional study assignments and/or examinations as set by the department.
- The head of department concerned may set additional admission requirements.
- Specific departments have specific requirements for admission.
- The number of students will be determined in line with the growth strategy of the University of Pretoria as approved by the Executive.
International1035 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1035 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National1035 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1035 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
R17 195 per annum
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.