All teaching staff on Music Business Management degree offered at the University of Westminster are currently working in the music industry, and every week there are a number of high-level industry guests. You will need to be a self-motivated and open-minded student, as this is an intense course, but one which can help you to progress your career across a wide range of music business disciplines.
Working with music industry leaders and organisations, the course has developed a unique curriculum. You will be able to combine a strong underpinning of key business skills (entrepreneurialism, leadership, organisational management, and marketing with essential music industry management knowledge (strategic innovation technology, intellectual property and copyright) and academic concepts and theories relevant to the industry today.
- Course graduates have gone on to work in a wide variety of creative industries, from mobile marketing through to the Arts Council. Many of our graduates are working in the music industry, with companies including Apple , Spotify Universal, Sony Music , Pledge Music , Kobalt , Shazam and PIAS. Our international students are working around the globe in music and music –tech related companies, including EMI Holland , PIAS European office and Outdustry in mainland China .
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Artist Development
- Intellectual Property and Copyright Management
- Live Music Management
- Music Business Management Final Project
- Music Industry Structures
- Music Marketing and Technology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Music View 763 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second class honours degree (2:1) or a lower second class honours degree (2:2) in a relevant degree or with relevant experience.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate some experience of working in the music industry, an aptitude for music business management and an enthusiasm for learning more about music and related industries.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK tuition fee: £10,500 (Price per academic year)
- International tuition fee: £13,000 (Price per academic year)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.