Candidates may earn a MA (Theology) degree by acquiring eighteen additional graduate credits in courses taken at OST, i.e. not transferred from another institution, and by fulfilling either of the final project requirements (Comprehensive Examination or Thesis) as designated for the MA (Theology) degree. The additional credits can be covered for seminarians by the additional credits beyond the MDiv degree that are required by the Program of Priestly Formation. The extra courses taken in the appropriate areas of Cultural and Historical Studies, Scriptural Studies, Systematic Theology, Moral Theology, Sacramental Theology, or Spirituality may be distributed among these areas or along with the final project, focused in one of them to constitute a concentration in that area.
The total hours for the two degrees equal 98 graduate credit hours (for presbyteral candidates who must also obtain the Certificate of Advanced Studies for Presbyteral Ministry, 68 a minimum of 106 graduate credit hours).
For more information visit the program website.
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 114 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
- Complete the online application and payment form
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Goals and Objectives Form
- Biographical Information Form
- Three recommendations, on forms provided by the School, attesting to the candidate’s religious, moral, and intellectual qualifications for ministry
- If necessary, submit official score reports from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE). International Students whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to begin Full-Time studies. Test results must be sent directly to the school. Students who have earned an MA are exempt from these tests.
International680 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 680 USD per credit and a duration of .
National680 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 680 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.