Experience Design from Miami University has been designed for distance learning, enabling learners who can not physically leave the working world or their families while in graduate school to level up or change their careers.
The curricular design of the xdMFA reflects the emerging nature of Experience Design and the rapidly changing realities of contemporary design practice, while still facilitating a learning experience that’s "higher-touch" than a purely online program.
Graduates with Experience Design from Miami University will be able to:
- Conduct Research: develop and conduct in-depth research on human and system behavior for design innovation.
- Embrace Complexity: analyze and visualize real and perceived factors at a systemic level.
- Apply Theory: apply a wide range of theories and frameworks to experience-centered design processes.
- Build Productive Partnerships: develop outcomes with stakeholders via engaging and empowering co-creative processes.
- Implement Detailed Design: create design prototypes and plans with a high degree of formal and functional detail.
- Promote Cultural Alignment: Create culturally relevant design outcomes informed by research.
- Generate Effective Reporting: Report design analyses and recommendations effectively for a wide range of audiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Experience Design Studio
- Writing for Design Audiences
- Visual Rhetoric
- Web and Social Media Analytics
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Branding
- Advanced Web Design
- Interactive Media Studies Practicum
- Advanced 3D & Simulation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal Statement
- URL for a Portfolio of Work Website
- Three Letters of Recommendation
International964 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 964 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National964 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 964 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.