They use methodologies for studying socio-technical systems to estimate the role of national, community and corporate culture in formation of community behavior in the context of socio-technical transitions, assess the social impact of introduction of e-governance solutions in various cultural/national contexts.
Particular focus is on becoming knowledgeable of the basic issues and specificity of open and inclusive governance, including the legal aspects enabling the competence of analyzing policy trends, assessing their impact and deriving possible development directions.
How learning happens?
The students will explore and codesign digital technologies modeling, exploring and optimizing local and global open society processes. During the studies they will exercise co-design and adopt e-services within an different society organisations for collecting, aggregating and communicating positions and ideas of a wider community. Students will learn how to design the characteristics of national-, regional and local-level public administration in governance systems.
They will become skillful using software tools for publishing and processing open data. They will develop professional and ethical values regarding open societies, and acknowledge intellectual property protection principles.
Why study with us?
Open Society Technologies is a the best program for those interested in technologies for Open Societies. It is an interdisciplinary program carried out by the Institute of Digital Technologies and the School of Governance, Law, and Society. Thus, it offers a chance to get a wide perspective of Open Societies, public participation and their technological support.
The program includes a chance to see the connections between courses and practice interdisciplinary research. Once the students finished their studies, the doors are opened for them to access the employment market or doctoral studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Aspects of E-governance
- Collective Intelligence in Socio-Technical Systems
- Big, Open and Linked Data
- Data Driven Decision Making and Change Management in Organisations
- Participatory Design of Software Systems
- Theories and Methodology of Information Science
- Civil Society and Social Innovations
- Public Policy and Co-creation of E-governance
- Master´s Thesis Seminar
- Social Innovation and Governance of Responsible Innovation
- e-Governance for Responsible Innovation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Non-EU/EEA applicants (except applicants from the United Kingdom, Russia, Ukraine, Georgia and Kazakhstan):15 March
- EU/EEA citizens and applicants from the United Kingdom, Russia, Ukraine, Georgia and Kazakhstan:1 July
DisciplinesPublic Administration Informatics & Information Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 5 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Estonia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Proof of English Proficiency
- A motivation letter in English up to 2 pages describing the following: Introduce himself/herself from the professional background (related jobs, entrepreneurship, trainings).
- Admission interview
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1900 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Tallinn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.