This Finance and Accounting degree offered at the University of Westminster it’s especially useful if you’re a graduate with little or no accounting experience, as it offers the opportunity to study modules which will cover this shortfall.
As a postgraduate finance student you will have access to the Financial Markets Suite, which uses the Bloomberg computer system to monitor real-time financial market movements and trends. It’s a resource available to very few UK universities, and one which provides a modern and progressive teaching environment combining finance theory with practice.
- As a Finance and Accounting MSc graduate, you can look forward to excellent career prospects in finance, banking, treasury management or accountancy, as well as general management and other senior finance-based positions. A number of our graduates have gone on to work for the "Big 4" accountancy firms.
- Your exposure to the Financial Markets Suite simulated financial trading facility will mean you will be equipped in both the theory and practice of international finance.
- Graduates of the course can apply to various professional accountancy bodies, which give exemptions on the basis of electives you have studied. The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) allow graduates to go through a "Gateway" route. Successful completion of the Gateway exam grants 11 exemptions from CIMA's 16 examinations. You also have the opportunity to gain exemption from 9 papers of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) examinations upon completing this degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting Policy and Practice
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Management and Corporate Valuation
- Research Methods in Finance and Accounting
- Taxation Principles and Practice
- Auditing Assurance and Professional Ethics
- Data Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesFinance Accounting International Business View 871 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2). Relevant degree disciplines include business studies, economics, geography, management, and operations research.
- However, students with qualifications in other disciplines such as engineering, environmental sciences, the humanities and languages are also encouraged to apply.
- Alternative professional qualifications, with at least three years' relevant professional experience, will also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.