The result is curriculum that provides a broad knowledge of current issues, research, and theory in the design of healthcare interiors that is applied in focused studio experiences.
Areas of Study
Courses include knowledge in research methods, history and theory of healthcare, environmental and behavioral studies, and applied design. Sustainable design and lighting research focused on healthcare environments are integral parts of the course of study. Additionally, the program will familiarize students with the business side of healthcare; Why projects are started, how they are financed, how they are implemented in healthcare institutions and the role of interior designers in the project continuum.
The Healthcare Interior Design program of the New York School of Interior Design prepares students to begin working in interior design firms focused on healthcare, Interior design groups within healthcare institutions or other related fields. The research component prepares students to join healthcare research groups within design firms or groups such as the Center for Health Design support research of healthcare environments. Note: completion of this program does not lead to licensure in architecture or interior design.
- You can enroll full-time (completing the degree in one year) or part-time
- All classes are offered in the evenings
- The program is open to anyone with a degree in interior design or architecture. Related fields will be considered if accompanied by a portfolio showing aptitude
- Survey of Healthcare Environments
- Research Methods
- History & Theory of Healthcare
- Programming for Healthcare Environments
- Materials, Textiles, and Furnishings for Healthcare Settings
- Healthcare Studio
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Health Administration Interior Design View 1028 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at New York School of Interior Design and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You must submit a non-refundable application fee of $60 for domestic students or $100 for international students.
- Applicants must submit a personal, typed statement, roughly one page in length, describing their reasons for applying to NYSID and their educational and professional goals.
- All applicants must submit two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants who have graduated from a U.S. high school within the past five years must submit results from either the SAT test or the ACT test.
- A bachelor's degree in interior design, architecture or a closely related field.
- Proof of English Proficiency.
International39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 USD per semester during 12 months.
National39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.