Events play an essential role in the business, cultural and sporting life of all countries. In recent years an exciting new profession has emerged with event planners designing and organising a diverse range of events, and marketing the great variety of destinations and venues in which they take place.
This Event Design and Management course offered at the University of Westminster is specifically designed for people who want to enter or make further progress in, management-level careers in the fast-expanding field of event management. London is an ideal place in which to study events with many venues on the doorstep.
As a regular host of world-class sports and culture events such as Wimbledon, the London Marathon, Notting Hill Carnival and the London Fashion Week, as well as one-off mega events such as the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympics games and the 2015 Rugby World Cup, London is widely recognised as a world events capital. With several hundred venues and an abundance of international business and leisure events, London is a world leader in this dynamic industry.
The dissertation will give you further opportunity to research a conference or events topic in depth. The course is taught by experienced academics and industry practitioners, providing valuable insight into this exciting industry sector.
- Graduates from this course enter a wide range of careers, in both the private and the public sectors, in Britain and internationally. These careers range from conference and events planning, to venue management, to destination marketing. Some choose to work with specialist organisations, such as convention bureaux, while others opt to work as professional conference organisers, event managers and venue promoters. Some students go on to pursue doctoral studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Event Concept and Design
- Event Planning and Management
- Event Strategy
- Research and Communication Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesDesign Management Studies Event Management View 1544 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of an upper second class honours degree (2:1) or a lower second class honours degree (2:2) and an essay.
- Exceptionally, an applicant without these formal qualifications but with considerable work experience in the conference or events industry may be accepted at the discretion of the Course Leader.
- Applicants with a lower second class honours degree (2:2), are required to submit an essay.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK PT tuition fee: £950 (Price per academic year)
- International PT tuition fee: £1,500 (Price per academic year)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.