The Medical Scientist Training program of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston educates physician-scientists and draws from faculty expertise at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and MD Anderson Cancer Center. This rich training environment—encompassing laboratories, hospitals, and clinics in the Texas Medical Center—ensures that our graduates are uniquely prepared for careers in translational research, where basic research is applied to improving patient care and promoting well-being, and observations/samples from patients are taken to the laboratory to improve understanding of disease mechanisms.
The MSTP - UT Houston provides students pursuing careers as physician-scientists the unique opportunity to earn dual MD/PhD degrees in a six to eight year integrated Program offered by McGovern Medical School at UTHealth and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For more information, please visit the programme website.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 1952 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Unofficial transcripts
- Grade Point Average - GPAs must be converted to a 4.0 scale.
- GRE General Test scores- You must be able to provide your GRE scores to apply.
- TOEFL scores(International applicants) - A copy of your ETS score report is required and should be uploaded online with the application only
- Application fee - A $50 application fee is required
- Personal statement- Please provide a one (1) page personal statement which explains your motivation for seeking a graduate degree in the Biomedical Sciences
- Research Statement
- Optional Essay
- Presentation and publications listing with abstracts
- Three letters of recommendation are required to apply
International15946 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15946 USD per year during 12 months.
National15946 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15946 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5818 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5818 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.