Challenges like climate change, food security and the provision of water require in depth knowledge of these processes. With the Earth and Environment programme from Wageningen University and Research you will learn about the interactions between the different spheres. But you will also specialise in either Hydrology and Water Resources; Meteorology and Air Quality; Biology and Chemistry of Soil and Water or Soil Geography and Earth Surface Dynamics.
Why this programme?
- Possibilities to broaden and deepen your knowledge
- Internationally oriented programme
- An in-depth understanding of natural processes that is needed for innovative solutions that deal with issues like climate change, water resources, loss of biodiversity and soil degradation.
After graduation, students from Earth and Environment enter a diverse job market that offers lots of opportunities to further develop yourself. Most students will stay in research or will become a consultant at (multinational) consultancy firms dealing with environmental issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interdisciplinary Topics in Earth & Environment
- Environmental Data Collection & Analysis
- Design of Climate Change Strategies
- Water and Air Flow Numerical Techniques
- Atmospheric Dynamics
- Trending Topics in Soil and Water
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Application via Studielink will open in October
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 28 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Wageningen University and Research and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A WUR BSc degree in Soil, Water and Atmosphere, or equivalent.
- The norm for this equivalence is an assessment of the students' expertise in the following topics: Earth sciences (soil sciences, hydrology and/or atmospheric sciences), Natural sciences (physics, chemistry, biology), Computer sciences (programming skills and/or geo-information science), Mathematics (linear algebra, calculus), Basics in statistics
- Transcript of records displaying the content of previous course subjects and project work;
- Curriculum vitae displaying relevant work, internship and/or project experience on an academic level in a relevant field if applicable.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2314 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2314 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.