A holistic and multidisciplinary approach to care focuses on health promotion, disease prevention, and illness management. A systems approach also is used to assess, diagnose, and manage common episodic and chronic health problems in young, middle and older adults.
Graduates of the advanced practice degrees are eligible to take national certification exams and eligible for licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse in Texas. Requirements for other states vary and graduates should check individual state requirements prior to applying for an advanced practice status or license.
Cizik School of Nursing is one of the highest ranking graduate nursing program in Texas according to US News and World Report.
The Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston offers courses online and in the classroom to provide students with a flexible schedule. This hybrid format allows students to work and go to school. It also provides critical in-classroom experiences that provide networking time with colleagues, as well as access to notable speakers and leaders located within and around the Texas Medical Center.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Physical Examination/Differential Diagnosis
- Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
- Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Clinical
- 30 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 738 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A completed online application
- $60.00 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended
- A Baccalaureate degree in nursing earned from an accredited program. Applicants must have a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A completed basic statistics course.
- Three (3) satisfactory academic/professional references. Supply individual references with an applicant letter of reference form (pdf)
- A course-by-course evaluation of international credentials by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) for individuals with degrees/courses from outside the US
- A professional curriculum vitae or resume
- Documentation (via resume or vitae): One year clinical experience as a registered nurse
- An interview may be required of qualified applicants. All interviews are by invitation
- Writing samples may be required at the time of an interview
- One year clinical experience as a registered nurse
International13426 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6713 USD per semester during 30 months.
National13428 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6714 USD per semester during 30 months.
In-State3792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1896 USD per semester during 30 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.